Read More

Audition

Screwed it. Totally screwed it. Darn, I wanted a role in the musical. Let me recount what happened. We were supposed to read a short paragraph from a script, describe yourself in one word, and then think of a song you wanna sing, and then dance. The worst part, dance. I am an elephant when it comes to dancing. Clumsy, no sense of balance. The reading was my BEST part. Since I just treated it as oral, and my oral is normally v high marks. I topped the class in Sec 1, dunno about Sec 2. But I think I got pretty high for Sec 2 too. The singing. I wanted to sing True Light, but hear Marcus sing My Love, so I sang Loneliness Knows Me By Name. But before that, describe myself in one word. I thought for a full minute, cus I dun rly talk abt myself or even care. End up I said I was Boring. And the director was funny, he said Den how are you going to marry??!! So I simply replied, I dun intend to marry, I wan to be a bachelor. Well, the singing totally sucked. Why? I am in choir and I sucked? Simple, I have a VERY bad sense of keeping my cool. I get freaked out easily. So that guy sitting in front of me assessing me was freaking me out. The song came out all shaky, but WP said I was in tune, + side. Of course I am in tune, I've been singing that song for so long. And I am living that song. NEways, I thought of what I shud haf described myself. Lonely. But I did not think of it. NEways, if i said that, he wlda thought I wanted the role and purposely describe myself like the beast, since he is also lonely. Den he will think I am a hypocrite. Which is actually NOT true. Well, I AM lonely. But nv crossed my mind. Glenn described himself as cheerful. Best description ever. Fitted him exactly. And wen pu said he was a genius. LOL!! Den the Director gave the incredulous look. If only I practise singing On The Way Down by Ryan Cabrera ytd. I wanted to sing that song too, but dun know enuff. Nice song. Den the dance. I had to ask the instructor to repeat it twice cus I cldnt rmb the steps. Den I was SOOOO bad that she asked me to do it 4 times!!! OThers do one time can liao. Me leh, 4 times. Cus I suck v badly. Haish, my hopes of getting a role is dashed. GG. I wish I can do it again.