Read More

Growing

Growing
You entrust your body into the current
Which swiftly brings you to adulthood
Slowly, surely you become dirty
Tainted by the traps of reality

Once covered in daydreams
We visioned a wonderful world
Like climbing up a tall ladder
Only to be pushed down from above

The higher we climb
The harder we fall
The harder we fall

The dirtier we become

Humans destroy
Humans kill
Humans conquer
There's nothing they won't do

All these
You learn while growing
Tainted your thinking becomes
And surely, you become like above.

dotx, sth I thought of out of lameness. That was written in 5 mins? SO it may sound like rubbish, but that was what was going through my mind for the weekend. This actually came into my mind one day while I was walking home, and in the lift, I saw a few young kids with their parents. And the kids were laughing and talking about childish stuff, but it can be seen they are really happy and innocent. Why is it that when we grow up, we have to remove the innocense and don a mask of cunning. Why should we conform to this society where everyone is masking their true face, hiding their true intentions. I admit I do hide alot of things, but I do make an effort to be open, much to my dislike. And that is why I can be rather straight. If I dun like you, I will not pretend in front of you. I will say it straight to your face. And if I like you, well, I will not hide it either. At least I will try not to hide it. Cus I do not believe in conforming to this society where everyone is wearing a mask of cunningness. However, if you do not do so you wld be easily cheated, I guess that is why when one person does it everyone follows in order not to be cheated.

I do not realli want to post crap down here, but I get the irresistable urge to do so to make this post long, but I guess that is beside the point, cus there wld den be no point reading on. My weekend been rather dull, in between games were piano, tuition, finishing of homework, etc. Today is one amazing day, why? Because it rained from 9:00AM all the way to 9PM!!! wow, 12 hrs rain NON STOP!! actually, its been raining since I dunno when, but when I woke up it was already raining. INSANE rite?? Which actually makes this day rather cool (figuratively and literaly), cus I can sleep so easily today and the whole environment is so conducive to read books. In fact, it is SO conducive I finished my copy of National Geographic in ONE day!! Also, throughout the weekend, I finished 2 other books, Skeletal Key and Stormbreaker. Am reading another book called East of Eden, which is abt 600 pages long, eek, gonna haf to struggle through it. This is gonna be one hectic year for me as I try to catch up on my work. Just found out that Dex is also aiming NJC!! WOoHOO!! Lets hope both of us can get in. My mom is rushing me to off the comp liao, so stop typing here.