Read More

I think I am going to change my blog song to "Travelin' Soldier". That song is so sad that it made me shed tears. The song is actually a story between a girl and a soldier, told in the girl's point of view.

The song starts abt the soldier just passed his 18th birthday and had to join the army to go off to the Vietnam War. BTW, its set in the US. Then he went into a cafe, "feeling a little low". He gave his order to a girl with a bow in her hair. She saw he was a little shy so she flashed him a smile. He then said "would you mind sittin down for awhile and talking to me.." THe song continued wif the two of them going to a pier to sit down and talk. "He said I bet you have a boyfriend but I don't care. I got no one to send a letter to, would you mind if I send one here back to you?" It therefore shows this soldier is an orphan wif no parents. The chorus goes like:

I cried never gonna hold the hands of another guy
Too young for him they told her
Waiting for the love of a Travelin' Soldier
Our love will never end, waiting for the soldier to come back again
Never want to be alone when the letter said a soldier's coming home

The song continued wif the exchanges of letters between them. "And he told her of his heart, it might be love and all the things he was so scared of. He said when its getting kinda rough over here I think of that day sittin' down at the pier And I close my eyes and see your pretty smile. Don't worry I won't be able to write for awhile" And that was the last letter he sent. After that was the chorus again.

The song ended with like a mass funeral, to pay respects to the soldiers who died in the Vietnam War. "Crying all alone under the stands was a piccolo player in the marching band. And one name read and nobody cared" The name was the protagonist of this song's name. Which meant he died. "But a pretty little girl... with a bow in her hair... [chorus]"

Then after that I was thinking about how cruel Fate was. It brought them together, then tore them apart in the form of a war. It was rly sad, as he already was an orphan plus he finally met some1 he loved and she loved him too. So as I imagined the whole song, I began to feel v sad for the soldier. Just some unknown who died. To everyone else, he was an unknown, to that girl, probably his closest friend and kin and family member. She probably WAS his whole world. TO that girl, he was alot more. Its like one part of the song he was still alive sending letters, then after the last letter, the end of the song, he died. Sad sad sad.... I gonna change my song to that song, so if you are interested you shud listen. Its a rly gr8 song. THe whole song is abt 5 mins long.